Sunday, 6 September 2015

My dad

Writing
In High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing by myself
My writing:

How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks

I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks


I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks

Reflection

My favourite part was: writing that my dad smells like roses, it was funny.

It was really hard when: thinking about all the stuff dad does because he does lots of things that I don't know about.

Something that really helped me was: planning so I could write down all my ideas because then I won't forget any of my ideas.

Something new I learned was: that you have to add more details so the person who reads it can know all about what you have written about.

Kerri Thinks
You have planned your writing to include some details about your dad. You have used your plan, and loads of other ideas, to write a fabulous piece about your dad. I love how you always have a clear idea of what you want to write and how you want to write it.
Remember to reread your writing and check some of the tricky words. Makins sure the sounds your hear are recoded in order is your next learning step.

No comments:

Post a Comment