Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Using what I know

WALT: think about what I already know before I start reading

Success Criteria:
  • I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
  • I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
  • I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
  • I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read

Photo of KWL (from the group) and/or draw it

How I am going

I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
Kerri thinks



I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
Kerri thinks


I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
Kerri thinks



I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read
Kerri thinks



Reflection

Thinking about what I already know helps me because: so you can learn some of the tricky words before you start to read and helps me to know what the book is about.

It was really hard when: sometimes I don't do all my must do's because I read for too long.

Something that really helped me was: missing the word and then coming back to it because it helps you figure out the word.

Something new I learned was: Talking and thinking before reading is really important because I get to know the book better.

Kerri thinks
Wow Charlotte! You have done some great reading learning. You listen to the ideas of others in the group and you can add your own ideas. This means you are thinking (and chatting) about the story before we even start reading. I think that helps you to better understand what you read.
Your next step is to increase your reading fluency. Practising the plays as a group will help you with this. Remember to 'read' the punctuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment