Monday, 14 September 2015

Rangatiratanga

We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initative).

This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
  • Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
  • Doing something without being asked
  • Helping
  • Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
  • Leading by example… showing by doing
  • It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves. 

We need to think for ourselves!!



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the classroom.
Kerri thinks



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the playground.
Kerri thinks



My Reflection
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: helping when they don't know what to do and including them in our games.

I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when: I follow my i-time and I stay on each one for the whole time.

It was really hard when: when you don't know what to do and you are trying to help someone.

Kerri Thinks
What great thinking Charlotte. You lead by example by following your i time card and making sure you finish all your must dos. It is very tricky to show initiative when you're not sure what the right thing is. Remember to do some thinking and have a go at solving the problem for yourself.


2 comments: