Sunday, 7 June 2015

Super Reading

WALT: talk about the parts in my books (plot, characters, setting, sequence of events).

Task
Record yourself sharing your learning. Take a photo of the book you are reading and record yourself reading. Create a ‘movenote’ or a show me on the ipad. Remember to show your learning, check the success criteria… Have you reached your goal?

Success Criteria:

  • I can find and talk about the main character in my story.
  • I can find and talk about the main idea in my story.
  • I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
  • I read in a clear voice.

How I am going

I can find and talk about the main character in my story.
Kerri thinks



I can talk about the problem and solution in my story.
Kerri thinks



I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
Kerri thinks



I read in a clear voice.
Kerri thinks



Reflection

I really like: talking about my book because it helps me to understand what the words mean and what is happening.

I think I need to practice: missing out the tricky word and then reading back to try and work it out.

Something that really helped me was: reading lots and lots at school. Reading to my mum AND my dad at home.

Kerri thinks
The best way to get better at reading is to practise lots and lots! I am pleased you are reading a lot at school and at home. Talking about stuff, sharing your ideas, and listening to the ideas of others can really help your learning. I think you do a great job making sure you understand what you are reading. Your next step is to use the pictures, title and the blur to help you make predictions (think about what the story is going to be about, even before you start reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment